Thursday, August 7, 2008

Weary of a Gypsy Life...




Recently while making a weekend visit to San Antonio, Brian and I decided to spend an evening at each of his parents homes. I can't begin to count how many times I have packed a suitcase this summer for a long trip, short trip, and everything in between. As I was stuffing our suitcase Saturday afternoon, less than 24 hours after my initial pack, I just sat back on my heels and though "I am going crazy!" And I was. We had to return to Brian's Dad's house twice in the next day to recover lost and forgotten, yet essential items. By the time we made it back to Austin I was exhausted. As much fun as it is to be visiting, right now Brian and I dream of stowing our suitcases in the closet, flopping on our bed, and not going anywhere for the rest of the year!

Also, for a quick Cora update:
Cora is now the proud owner of four teeth! The second top tooth just made its grand appearance this week after several days of teething tablets, ibuprofen, and late nights. We are glad they are here, and Cora is already relishing her new ability to bite food. I am pretty sure I have done nothing but feed that girl today!

Cora gets around extremely well as a crawler, and had stood on her own from time to time. Her favorite past time is making other people hold her hands and walk her around.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Sorry to hear teething has been so tough for Cora. Riley loved gnawing on frozen grape halves when her molars were breaking through. Maybe that will help. Good luck!

Alexa said...

Oh, I love that shot of Cora and Grandma! I would say that you should stop by and see us next time you're in San Antonio, but I guess that would be missing the whole point of your post...! ;)

Linda said...

You are almost home to beautiful NC! It is a lot harder to travel with a child, that's for sure. I know that Brian's family have loved seeing Cora...that's a darling photo with gr-grandma!

Brian said...

Contrary other's horror stories we've heard, traveling with Cora hasn't been difficult at all. She's easygoing, adjusts well to new places, doesn't mind sleeping in the carseat, and eats just about anything we put in front of her. there have been some adjustment, no doubt. But all things considered, she's been the best little travel companion we could have ever hoped for.

I'd say the difficulty of our summer travels has more to do with going without a fixed place of residence for 12 weeks, which has required us to constantly pack and continually uproot ourselves.

But, this is the life we love, even if we get a little tired. I wouldn't trade our travels for anything.

Katie said...

We can't wait for you to come home either! :) However, if you get itchy to pack your suitcase again, you are welcome to try our guest room as you seek adventures in mystical Charlotte.

Angela Draper said...

Awww come on, don't you want to pack up your suitcase one more time and come visit us? The end is in site! You will be home soon! Good luck on this last leg of travels and congrats to Cora on the new chompers. I can't wait to see you all!

Danielle said...

When will you be home?