
So I have ventured to Utah with Cora for a week. It was my first time flying with my sweet, squirmy baby without my tag team wrestling partner, AKA the hubby. Cora did OK for the most part, but it was a very long trip, and I was pretty exhausted by the end. One of the big reasons we came to visit Utah was so that Cora could meet her Great Grandma Lillian. Great Grandma is going to be 103 soon, and is one of my favorite people in the world.
Grandma is upbeat, hilarious, and always fun to talk to. Plus, she has a wonderful way of saying exactly what is on her mind. About two years ago she moved into an assisted living home. During my visit this week she commented: "Life in here is sure different-- no cleaning, no cooking, everything is just taken care of. If I want a drink of water all I have to do is push a button and say 'bring me water!'" Then rolling her eyes she said "How lazy is that?" Grandma still exercises 45 minutes a day, and reads regularly.
Cora loved to play with Grandma's candy jar. All the shiny wrappers were very intriguing for her, and she loved to sit on Great-Grandma's lap and hand her candy in shiny wrappers.
I have always looked to my Grandmother as an example of optimism, love, kindness and patience. I love her tons and was so glad she got to meet Cora!
1 comment:
Gma is an amazing woman and I agree with her that cookies are an essential part of life :)
Post a Comment