Thursday, February 5, 2009

The madness of being a frugal minded gypsy

Anyone who has seen the contents of my pockets, or what my bedside table looks like knows that I have a fetish for kleenex. I appreciate a good quality kleenex, and will often comment to Brian about the relative quality of my kleenex. We joke that Brian always has a pen on him, and I always have a kleenex. It is just part of who I am.

So when we went on our first big trip to the store here, guess what was on my list? Of course. So as I contemplated the different options I decided travel size was what we needed since I was out and about so much. One particular pack of 20 not only had 4 extra packets for free, but a steep discount if you bought two packs. How could I resist? It seemed like a very reasonable purchase, and frugal at that!

Later that evening I got home and opened one of the packs to distribute a few of my "preciouses" 'round the house when Cora got in on the fun. Soon we were stacking them up, making dominoes, and before I knew it we had all 48 travel packs out. That was when I looked at the pile and the words "What was I thinking?" came through loud and clear.

Now I feel like I need to use a lot of kleenex to justify my purchase. :) And I feel silly. But at least I am assured of having plenty of kleenex.

4 comments:

twd said...

Too bad Elijah isn't around to take some of those tissues off your hands.

Truman Jensen said...

When I was traveling in Europe carrying Kleenex often meant having TP.

Angela Draper said...

Yes, yes too bad Eli isn't there to help you out with all of those. And I am right there with you on always having a kleenex on hand. Glad to see you won't be left wanting!

Cara Fish said...

you are funny. i didn't know about your fetish. you make me smile.