This has been a rough weekend. Cora got sick on Wednesday, and has been miserable. After three full days of pandering to a sick and crabby baby, I was pretty miserable too.
But really, I am here to talk about this morning. Our wonderful friends the Reeses drove up from Charlotte to spend the weekend with us, and arrived last night bearing homemade cheesecake. We enjoyed a board game, then Brian suddenly felt ill and went to bed. This morning I woke up to a sick husband and little girl who was worse than when I put her to bed the night before. Wonderful Katie had gotten up and made us all dutch babies, so I enjoyed a few minutes to call and get an appointment with Cora's pediatrician while my guests made me breakfast. Dutch babies are normally Cora's favorite so I was surprised when she took a few bites, and then just sat there. A few minutes later it was obvious when her breakfast and grape juice came flying back out of her. She was scared and upset, and wanted me to hold her, but, being the hard hearted, grossed out pregnant woman that I am, decided to console her from a distance while she cleared out the contents of her stomach. After cleaning up the breakfast fun I headed for the car to take Cora to her Dr.'s appointment, got into my *nearly* brand new car, and promptly backed into the Reeses car. I really felt like crying at this point, but settled for smacking myself in the head a few times. Luckily I wasn't going real fast. Soooooo I got to call Katie, and not only apologize for the barf show, ditching them to go to the doctors, but now for hitting their car. At this point in time I began to seriously wonder if they would still want to be our friends after today.
At the appointment they were running behind, and I spent 45 minutes entertaining Cora in a small room, luckily there were lots of things in my bag. My little girl was happy and chirping until the doctor opened the door. Immediately she began screaming and clinging to me as if her life was in danger. A couple of months ago when she had her kidney ultrasound she got really upset over the procedure, and apparently is still feeling traumatized. So the doctor and I had to shout over the wailing, and repeat several questions and answers until we mostly communicated the problem.
Eventually I arrived home and found the Reeses had packed up their stuff, and even gone shopping and bought us something to eat while we recovered today. I was so grateful/embarrassed about everything, but really, they are great friends and I am thankful they don't hate us after today. Maybe we will get lucky and they will have amnesia about this weekend and still come to visit us sometime in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so sorry that Cora was sick. It does sound like a horrible day and the Reeses sound like very good people:)
I hope you guys got through the weekend okay and you are feeling better! We're sorry that we couldn't stay longer this time though we really did have fun despite a few mishaps. :) We haven't always been model guests. I recall a weekend when Davin dropped poop all over your house, Rowan barfed, and we spent one evening in the emergency room. Really, don't worry about the car either. I am more worried about yours! Hopefully it can be fixed! I'm afraid you can't get rid of us that easily, so expect another visit soon!
those are some good friends, we have a bit of the barfs around here and man it is never fun. sorry about the new car.
We too had a friends over barf fest just last night! It's always fun when those things happen and I must say...I had a good sympathy chuckle over the grossed out pregnant woman backing into her friends car thing :) Those days happen to all of us at the worst possible moments, but at least you didn't cry cause I would have!
Post a Comment