Thursday, April 8, 2010

Round Robin Party


The last three weekends I have been involved in a round robin party. It started with Rob & Angela visiting Tom & Su in Maryland, followed by Tom & Su visiting us, followed by us visiting Rob & Angela at their house for Easter & Conference weekend. Cora has been reveling in her cousin play time, and we loved seeing everyone.

The night we were expecting Tom, Su and their crew to arrive Cora was beside herself with excitement. She talked about their arrival all day. As we knew that the cousins would be arriving late (11pm) we put our sweet toddler in bed at 8pm and told her when she woke up that her cousins would be there. The only problem was that she never went to sleep. We could hear her chattering to herself in her room, and tried to go in and calm her down several times. At 10 pm I went in to see her and she was sitting up in bed, wide awake. She showed me a pretend cellphone she was holding to her ear and said "I am talking to my best friend Beth on the phone. Do you want to say hi?" At this point in time we gave up, and settled her onto the couch to watch a movie with us until the celebrity van arrived.

Amongst the fun my Super Sister in Law Su found the energy to mop my floors which hadn't received any real love since I got pregnant last year, as well as vacuuming and generally making my house sparkle. I have to say, it looked great, and it is definitely against the law of Entropy to have 6 people visit your home and have it be even cleaner than when they arrived!

The next week when Cora found out we were going to visit Ellie & Eli she immediately found her little blue suitcase and packed it up with her clothing and necessities, and the proceeded to tote it around for two days until we actually went.

For Easter we did all of the traditional fun things, and had wonderful tasty food thanks to Angela and her amazing cooking. I was blown away by her energy as she was nearly full term pregnant, but I must say she is superwoman!

1 comment:

Angela Draper said...

We're SO glad you all could come and visit. We had a great time!