Thursday, October 7, 2010

2 going on what?

Yesterday Cora was not pleased to be leaving Mommy and Me classes. She protested before leaving, on the way to the car, while getting buckled, and some more on the drive home. Not too far into the drive she said "Mom, just stop the car here and I will walk back to Ryan's house." Isn't she supposed to be a teenager before she comes up with lines like that?


In other, not so surprising toddler news Cora has really taken a fancy to stripping as a form of protest.

Me: Cora, I asked you not to do that, you need to go to time out.
Cora: Fine. I am going to take off all of my clothes!
------
Me: Cora, I need you to finish your dinner before we can go out.
Cora: Fine, I am going to take off all of my clothes!
------
Me: Cora, I need you to give me some space so I can feed Samuel.
Cora: Well I am taking off all of my clothes then!
------
You get the idea. Sometimes I can distract her, with additional conversation, even as she is tugging at her sleeve to begin the process, but often times I just end up with a naked girl for a variety of time, depending on what is going on. I am trying not to make a big deal about it, but it is an interesting form of protest. Quite amusing too, though I have to laugh my own time, since I am hoping not to see this one pop up at nursery or mommy and me!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wow.

Susan said...

Hopefully with winter coming on that'll slow down a bit. Otherwise I suggest you have her outside on a cold day and have her try her follow through! Have fun with that one!

Melissa said...

Haha! Oh man, this is such a fun age. They really come up with the best stuff. I look forward to this next year of Cora adventures ;)

Angela Draper said...

Hehe.. I love that stripping is her form of protest. Suppossedly I would just do that at her age every time we went in a store (I just had to try on the new clothes!).