Friday, December 31, 2010

It's signing time!

Tonight at dinner it finally, really, clicked for Samuel. Yesterday he began waving at us very enthusiastically. "Hi mom!" "Hi dad!" it was very clear. Then at his evening meal, the sign for "more" arrived with a flurry of excitement. Samuel was so pleased with himself, and was signing so enthusiastically that it was hard to feed him with the clapping hands. He also began eat or drink-- maybe I will be able to differentiate his motion tomorrow. I have been working on the signs for the last two months and have been imagining I might be seeing a sign or two. Tonight there was no doubt. The rejoicing was great, and the look of sheer joy on Sam's face as he signed more was better than anything I got for Christmas-- after all, I am a boring adult. :)

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

Yeah! Go Sam!

esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
esther said...

That is so great! It is so fun to see them get excited about something new. I've been working on sign with Matthew. He knows milk really well!