Saturday, May 28, 2011

Comedy night at home

Tonight was a great opportunity to review the slapstick nature of our lives. After meeting Brian (who is diligently working on his book) for dinner I went home and let the kids loose in the playroom. I pulled Cora's shirt and shorts off since she had poured at least half of her chocolate milk and apple juice directly on herself at dinner. Samuel hadn't fared much better so I stripped his onsie off, and his diaper too since he has a bit of diaper rash that needed to air out. I laughed a bit at the sight of my feral children running wild in the playroom, then stepped into the kitchen to set a few things down.

Moments later Cora calls out: "Samuel just pooped and peed on the treadmill!" I made a mad dash for the wipes, but both boxes were empty. I grabbed a roll of toilet paper and rushed in just in time to see Sam sampling some of his own warm brownie, looking very unsure of what to do with his mouthful, since it was suddenly obvious it was not chocolate.

UGH! I dropped a wad of toilet paper over some of the mess, and escorted Samuel to the sink where I did my best to rinse his mouth out and wash his hands.

Cora calls out "Mom, can I try picking some of Sam's poop up with the toilet paper?'

"NO!"

"Please?"

"No!"

"I will be REALLY careful Mom!"

At this point I put Samuel down, and dash back out to the playroom to confiscate the sought after bodily waste and sanitize my treadmill. Once the mess was under control I went to pick Samuel up, and he threw up on me. Perfect.

On to the bathtub!

Did I mention I am glad the children are asleep now?

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ugh and yuck!

Susan said...

Ew! Lucky you. I have to say, I'm so glad Sam threw up, at least!

merathon said...

oh my gosh. i just laughed REALLY hard at your expense. sorry! thank goodness he puked it back up!

Brian said...

I have to say that it was, absolutely, the most disgusting throw up I have ever been plastered with. I did laundry that night too.

Janie said...

serious? SERIOUS?

Angela Draper said...

Ewww!