Tonight I added another component. We usually watch an episode of Phineas & Ferb or Avatar before bedtime and I will be completely honest when I say that I hate missing the snuggle time. And the show. So this evening I took everyone down to one of the classrooms and we project the show up on a big screen. The kids seemed to enjoy the movie theater experience and I was glad to spend a little more time with my wee ones. My family is the best!
Friday, April 13, 2012
Long days and late nights
The last couple of weeks I have been working on conference papers which has meant staying up late and wordsmithing until my eyes hurt. Janine and the kids have been very patient with my work schedule and come visit me for dinner on those days. Cora and Sam especially like coming to campus because it means we're going to the Pit for dinner. It's a toddler's culinary dreamland: all you can eat pizza, noodles, sweet potatoes, fruit, chocolate milk, and cupcakes. And I think Cora likes being the center of attention when hundreds of WFU students gawk at how cute she is. Afterwards we head out to the quad and run around, climb the big magnolia trees, roll oranges on the lawn, and engage in general goofing around type behavior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cora's mom was a big fan of the UNC Greensboro campus cafeteria with the all you could eat pizza, chicken strips and Jello (the kind cut in little cubes in little glass dishes)... I'm proud of you for working so hard B, and also making space for moments of rolling oranges and other sweet times with your favorite people.
Post a Comment