Brian and I are in our fourth week of swimming laps. In the first couple of weeks Brian was out lapping me by 2x. I thought surely I would improve in time, since we were both working towards a finite limit of what the human body can do in a given amount of time. This week when we compared laps, Brian was now averaging 2.5x my laps. Initially disgusted I was going slower, I am now consoling myself with the thought that I am displacing more water with my growing belly, and so my lagging laps are really just as much work... like I said, it makes me feel better to think of it that way. :)
On the Chow-Chow circuit, we also inherited a little bottle of the mysterious stuff with our home. The little old lady left a variety of things for us, and to our delight we got free Chow-Chow. One evening Brian pulled it out and took out a spoon. The verdict: Brian gives it a thumbs-up, and I give it a "you can have it!" It was spicier than I expected, but fell into the sweet pickled stuff category which I generally avoid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Janine, you are probably working much harder than Brian and I am amazed at your ability to swim that many laps being so pregnant. If I tried to swim laps, oh I shudder to think of it! Way to be amazing!
Seeing you in action while visiting here, I'd say you looked like you were slicing through the water with the greatest of ease :)
Post a Comment