Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In all honesty...

Part of the fun of doing a joint blog is the opportunity for rebuttal.

Chow-chow, a Southern version of kimchee, is alright, but Janine failed to mention that I haven't opened the bottle since the experiment. I chalked it up to a cultural experience, akin to eating guinea pigs in Peru, ant eggs in Mexico, organ meats in Argentina, and blood sausage in Puerto Rico. Although, truth be told, the Mexican escamoles are really tasty when fried in oil and garlic, slathered on a warm tortilla, and covered in tomatillo salsa and avocados. Don't make that face until you've tried it! Anyway, I'll probably throw some chow-chow on a sandwich or something to get the full experience on day. In the meantime, I've got my bottle of unknown age sitting in the fridge, waiting for the next time I start feeling experimental.

I'm proud of Janine. She's great about exercising. If I were in her condition, I'd be stretched out on a couch, sandwich in one hand, novel in the other, gaining about 300 pounds a day. Some may ask, so what would be the difference from your graduate studies? I choose to ignore them. But they persist: No, really, Brian, isn't that what you spent six years doing in Austin? I can neither confirm nor deny these accusations. The point is, Janine is working hard and doing wonderfully well.

3 comments:

Cara Fish said...

i laugh pretty much every time i read your blog. keep 'em coming! miss you guys!

Sarah said...

That's easy, Brian, you didn't gain 300 pounds!

Susan said...

heh heh