I really couldn't resist the pun, but we went to the doctor's yesterday, and Cora's hip is getting better! Hooray! She is now allowed out of her harness for an hour in the morning and evening. Again, I think I was more emotionally involved in the change than her. She gave a big yawn after being freed from the harness, and really didn't care to stretch too much.
Then came our big moment-- The BATH! We prepped everything and then set Cora in the tub. She gave a wide eyed look, and then screamed bloody murder. (For all concerned parties, NO we did not have the water too hot. She just hated it.) So the romantic ideal of a baby cooing and splashing in the water was quickly replaced by the lets get this over ASAP reality.
Once out of the water Cora promptly peed on her dad, just to let us know what she thought about the whole experience. I laughed, and Brian went off looking for a new pair of pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited that Cora's hip is healing up. Maybe for your next bath experience you could try it in your own bathtub... we never ceased to get screaming from the little tiny tub. With Noah we transitioned to taking the bath with the baby, cuddling the babe on our legs... seems to work better, less screaming and more fun for us... plus you can dangle them in the deeper water and they seem to enjoy the kicking more when not banging into something on every side of them... anyhow, just an idea... hope you have a more willing participant next time!
The kids can't wait to see you at Christmas and we are busy about making sure Cora will be comfy at Pink Grandmas... the crib is being put up soon, and we will send one of our extra swings over as well... let us know if you would like anything else, since we have doubles from the twins we can easily share.
Great news about Cora's hip.
Love, Dadt
They do get over the "I hate baths" phase and she will quickly move into the "I love baths" phase. It is so fun when they do.
Post a Comment