Each summer for the last three years I have become increasingly bold with my haircuts.The first time it was a tentative "just above the shoulders"
The second time it was a pretty ambitious bob.
This week I said "Hack it off!"
Cora has been doing her best to make my hair match Brian's by pulling it out at every opportunity. Now I laugh as my short locks slip slyly through her stubby little fingers.
Is it bad to laugh at victory over a 5 month old baby? No! Hahahahaha.
Ok, so here are the Top Ten reasons I love my new do:

10- No hair pulling!
9- Low Maintenance
8- I still have the longest hair in the family
7-I love running my hands through the short hair in the back
6-I surprise myself in the mirror all the time-- hey, it's me!
5-My hairstylist was cheap AND did a good job
4-Hair dries almost instantly
3- In a few months, I will have a cute bob
2- I cut off enough to donate it
1- I now have a years supply of shampoo and conditioner now that I only need a pea sized drop to wash my hair--So economical!
Ok, now for the easter treats. We went to a easter egg hunt
and lunch today with a group of people from church and playgroup. I made jiggler easter eggs. My mom used to make jigglers as a healthy treat for us as kids, and I have recently gotten into doing them as a snack again. It is basically juice and unflavored gelatin. I poured the jiggler concoction into a few different pans, added food coloring and left overnight. In the morning I busted out the egg shaped cookie cutter and Voila! Cute little jiggler eggs. I figure I need to dust my creativity off, because Cora might actually appreciate such things in a few years. The picnic was great, and we tried to get Cora to pick up an egg during the egg hunt, but she just grabbed a handful of leaves. So we picked one up for her. Maybe next year. :0
10 comments:
Those jigglers ARE cute. Love the hair!
SO cute! The hair, the jigglers AND the kid...good post
I love your new cut! So cute! And your jigglers look great too. Happy Easter!
Janine Lessens her Locks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernice_Bobs_Her_Hair
NNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Of course you wouldn't just settle for the sugar-packed jello packets at the store....I mean who would do that.....
OK I did!
Happy Easters!!
PS. love the hair. I've been going back and forth about cutting my hair. Short is better for all intents and purposes of motherhood. Long is better for me so I look a little more like I should be in the motherhood.
I am sure you understand now why my hair is always short too ;)
Brian-
This is Rachel Briggs Smith. I was checking out Corrine's blog, and noticed a link to yours. Your baby is beautiful, and I am so happy for you and Janine. I know it was a long trek for the both of you. Congratulations. I just got the internet, so I am behind on all this blog buisness. Anyway, my husband Josh finally graduated from law school, and we moved to Idaho Falls Idaho. I am a nurse still, doing labor and delivery. We have 3 very busy kids. Josh is a law clerk for a judge in Rexburg. Hope things are well for you all- Rachel Smith
very cute hair!!
You look just like the model in the hair-cutting picture!
I think Cora still remembers the true meaning of Easter and that's why she's not going for all the plastic egg nonsense!
Post a Comment