Friday, March 14, 2008

Papoose boarding

Cora had her hips checked today to make sure their development was continuing as it should after the hip harness thing. Since she is older, this involved an x-ray. When you want a tired 4 month old to be still for an x-ray, they bring out their "papoose board" which I think our current administration could take a lesson from. Maybe if they called it "papoose boarding" instead of water boarding, THEN it would be OK. Needless to say, Cora did not enjoy the experience. Here's hoping she can stand still in another 6 months so we don't have to have more papoose fun...

Oh, and good news, Cora's hips are still doing well. She now weighs 14 lbs. 2 oz, and is 26 inches long! 95% for height 50% for weight. Long & Skinny-- with a few rolls in the right places.

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

Poor girl! But I'm so glad her hips are doing well. I have to tell you that our little 2 month old out weighs sweet Cora. He is 14 lb 10.5 oz and 24.3 inches. Quite the chunker!

Linda said...

Robby(2) was in a papoose board once when he was getting stitched together under his eyebrow/eyelid. However, I was able to stay with him and sing to him the entire surgical time. He stayed still for the surgeon. The doctor told me I almost put him to sleep, and that I could come and babysit his kids anytime. I thanked him but told him I definitely had my hands full at home!

Shauna said...

Poor Cora, that doesn't sound like it was any fun at all. I'm glad everything looks good though. And that picture on the previous post is pretty much the cutest thing ever. I just want to rub her little head!