Trivia from the 60s From wikipedia The name "Three Dog Night" supposedly refers to an expression meaning a night so cold that one needs to sleep while embracing three dogs. It's unclear whether the term originated with Inuit or with Indigenous Australians. An official commentary included in the CD set “Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975” stated that vocalist Danny Hutton’s girlfriend saw a documentary on TV in which the custom was explained to have originated with the latter.
Winter in Spain will likely only be a two dog night--or better yet, a small family night.
I was 40 before I ever made it to Spain, and of course, having graduated from high school in 1976, Three Dog Night is a big part of the music that runs in my brain. All the way to Spain I was singing this song in my head. BTW, Spain is cool, with a clear personal preference for Barcelona.
4 comments:
So, I've never heard this song before, but Tory was singing along to it as it was playing.
Some way, some how, Tory and I (no Ayson) will go to Spain.
Trivia from the 60s
From wikipedia
The name "Three Dog Night" supposedly refers to an expression meaning a night so cold that one needs to sleep while embracing three dogs. It's unclear whether the term originated with Inuit or with Indigenous Australians. An official commentary included in the CD set “Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975” stated that vocalist Danny Hutton’s girlfriend saw a documentary on TV in which the custom was explained to have originated with the latter.
Winter in Spain will likely only be a two dog night--or better yet, a small family night.
I was 40 before I ever made it to Spain, and of course, having graduated from high school in 1976, Three Dog Night is a big part of the music that runs in my brain. All the way to Spain I was singing this song in my head.
BTW, Spain is cool, with a clear personal preference for Barcelona.
Yea...fun! That made ME excited to go to Spain! Whoo hoo!
Post a Comment