Cora on Primrose Hill, the highest point in London-- now Cora is the highest point in London.
I will give England full kudos for their amazing gardens. Everywhere we went there were beautifully manicured gardens and flowers. We were enchanted! Cora loved sniffing the flowers and rolling in the grass.

We got to see the procession heading to changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, however, Cora had just fallen asleep, and I didn't like the look of those drums. Thus, the tourists with the sleeping baby fled, and never actually saw the hooplah.

Yes, we are Harry Potter fans, and no, we are not alone. They have actually constructed a fake platform for all the crazies who come to King's cross station for their Harry Potter fix. :)

Continuing our literary tour of nerdiness we hunted down another fictional character who we love-- Sherlock Holmes. It is funny when you consider the "people" we were stalking are all fictional. I guess that reduces our chance anyone complaining.

As in any large city, you are bound to get a few people who make your life seem dull and boring. This guy was part of an entourage of about 30 people walking around London. After the picture he handed Brian a business card that said "Nude in a scarf, it's all you need to wear this season"

and, just to prove this guy wasn't alone...

Last but not least, we went on an honest to goodness date. The professor who is running the London program offered to watch Cora while we had a night out, and she didn't have to offer twice. I have wanted to see Wicked for some time, and was not disappointed. It was amazing, and the actors blew me away. Nights like that make me wish I lived in NY, but then, I love our house, and we could never even afford a large closet there, so I will just have to wait until we run a study abroad in London to soak up the night life!



3 comments:
Very cool! I am just a little jealous. I would definitely love to go back and experience England as an adult! Can't wait to see you guys!
Do you really feel like you should have gone to platform 9 3/4 without me? If you find Hogwarts and don't take me I am not sure we can still be friends ;)
What a fun trip! And I'm so glad you got to go on a date. When I was in London I saw The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Not my favorite. Oh well, I'll just have to go back again sometime.
p.s. loved seeing Cora in that purple shirt!
Post a Comment