Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Room




When we moved in nearly two years ago I had many grand ideas about decorating. However, the reality of unpacking our house while 7 1/2 months pregnant took away all motivation to do anything extra. We did get a crib up before Cora was born, and even managed a decorative rug on the wall. Cora had received a beautiful butterfly mobile from her Aunt Angela, and that was the extent of the decor. While living in Spain and having no chance to decorate I had plenty of time to plot. I wasn't making any mistakes this time on my paint colors, so I chose our borders first, then matched the paint to it, and then took my ideas to one of our friends who has much better color taste than I. She suggested choosing the color one grade lighter than what I had picked out, and so I followed the advice. Last night my cousin Mollie came over and helped paint, and we got everything done in just under 3 hours. We all love the final look!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Great job! I love Cora's new room! So cute!

merathon said...

looks great! and don't ya love these north carolina days where you can have your windows open? i'm sure they'll be coming to an end soon, so enjoy them while they last!

Katie said...

So cute! We'll have to see it in person sometime.

Susan said...

Very cute!

Laura said...

Way WAY cute!