Sunday, June 28, 2009

More kidney stuff

So we took Cora to her Urology specialist for a check up and got mixed news. At her last appointment in December, her hydronephrosis was almost completely gone. This week the ultrasound has shown it is back.

So, the bad news is that her kidney is not better, like we thought it was in December. The good news is that even though she has been off antibiotics for 6 months she hasn't had any trouble with the kidney, so there is no need to do anything in particular. So the kidney is back on the radar as something to look out for, and the doctor said to take our sweet time trying to potty train her. Apparently lots of little girls get UTI's when potty training so it is especially dangerous for Cora right now. Sorry landfill, but you will be getting at least another years worth of diapers from our little one. I guess I don't feel as bad about not potty training now that I have a medical excuse... :)

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I am so sorry. We will keep little Cora and her kidney in our prayers. We love that little gal!

Angela Draper said...

We're so glad that Cora hasn't been sick, but we will keep her in our prayers for sure!

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

I'm sorry to hear about the kidney. Hopefully, it can heal itself up again. At least the potty training can be put off. She might even potty train herself if she waits long enough! :) That's always wonderful too ;)

CR said...

She is so precious! I'm so glad she is not sick, but we will also keep praying for her.

Cara Fish said...

So scary - hard to hear stuff like that about your baby...we'll put her back in our prayers.