I remember (I think!) a time when I didn't need reminders, and could keep pretty on top of things, I think I even felt smug about it once...
Not this weekend. Apparently I am done impressing myself with any mental acrobatics. Yesterday we were frantically preparing to dinner for 14. As part of Freshman orientation each year, Brian has a group of new students he is advising over for dinner. So as we are rushing around, the missionaries call to wonder when they should come over for dinner. Dang! I felt terrible about the situation but we ended up having to make a quick meal to go for the Elders. This after they helped us unload the swingset just this week.
This morning I had an appointment to see our little bambino to be. I showed up at 9:30, and when I tried to sign in they couldn't find me in the system. Eventually they figured out it was because I was scheduled for 8:50. The incredible thing about this is that they had even called to remind me about the appointment on Friday. So I left the Doctor's office feeling silly and disappointed.
I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Some recent study claimed scientific proof that pregnancy did not adversely affect memory. I choose to ignore that study since my own experiences and the anecdotal evidence here presented proves otherwise.
Oh man. I have pregnancy brain bad. I can't remember certain words all the time, and it's quite humiliating. I try to stay on top of the sudoku, and scrabble, but I'm afraid the babies are taking over at this point.
Good luck, and I am quite impressed that you are having any dinner guests. That is quite a task for early pregnancy.
:)
You know, Janine, I'm right with you on this one. It's painful. And it is more painful that I remember that I used to just be able to hold everything in my brain without a problem. That is something I wish I didn't remember. Maybe it would be less painful.
Pregnancy brain is just crazy. I have WAY to many stories. And new baby brain is right up there, too.
Hope tomorrow works out well, and if you have any more excitement, be sure to share...
Glad to hear I'm not the only one losing my brain! ☺
I think the issue isn't so much pregnancy brain, but too much to do brain. Back in the day when we could remember everything there wasn't that much to remember. So today at lunch for first time in my life I have purchased a pocket calendar to keep track of the insanity called life. And I'm definitely not pregnant!
Can we talk about how your pregnant body was making dinner for 14+ people? You are my hero. In more ways than one.
Post a Comment