Thursday, March 4, 2010

So that's how it is...

Cora is a very empathetic two year old, who never stops moving. More than occasionally she accidentally inflicts pain on her mommy. When this happens I say "ouch!" and she is quick to kiss my owie face, or arm or whatever.

A few weeks ago we were at the Dr.'s office waiting for a check up. She came up, stood on my foot and did a particularly effective grind on the exposed skin. "Ouch!" I yelped. Without any delay Cora was down on her hands and knees, kissing my foot. I felt my face flush red as I tried to quickly coax her up without sounding harsh, since it was already looking like she must lead a very rough home life.

Yeah, that's how it is in our family...

3 comments:

twd said...

Yes, you always have to wait to see how your children will interpret all of your noble efforts in raising them.

CR said...

That is hilarious! In spite of that, I think you guys are awesome parents!

Susan said...

I love that!