Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Couple of Cora Quotes

Story Number 1: Cora needs friends. Or cousins who live closer. This afternoon she chased herself around the house while carrying on a two-sided conversation that, presumably, would have been held with a cousin.
Cora1: "I'm going to catch you."
Cora2: "No you're not!"
Cora1: "When I catch you I'm going to get your neck sugar."
Cora2: "No you're not. It's all gone."
And so on...
Story Number 2: Cora decided that tonight Mommy and Daddy should spend their downtime baking for her.
Cora: Mommy, tonight you and Daddy can make cookies after I go to sleep so that i can wake up and say, "OOOOH, look! You made cookies!"
Story Number 3: Last night Cora and I went for a walk. On the way home we stopped off at a neighbor's house to look at their addition. Mrs. Swann is a very nice senior citizen, but it took Cora a minute to warm up to her. Warming up consisted of showing her a collection of five asphalt pebbles and informing Mrs. Swann that Mommy and Sam were going to texas this week and she, Cora, would be staying home with Daddy. When we got home, Janine asked how the walk went.
Cora: I was being a little shy.
Janine: Why were you being a little shy.
Cora: I have no idea.

6 comments:

Becca said...

That girl is a hoot! Don't you just love this age?!

Danielle said...

All 3 stories are adorable, but I think #2 is my favorite!

Sarah said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Angela Draper said...

Awww... we will just have to get those cousins together again soon! Love the quotes!

Melissa said...

First - Funny!! Second - what is neck sugar? (maybe I just didn't read it close enough)...

Corrine said...

i love cora! what a sharp little girl!