Sunday, January 23, 2011

The gift that keeps on giving

Somewhere in late 2010 Cora and one of her cousins worked together to make me a construction paper heart. On it is inscribed:

To Mommy
Love Cora

Initially Cora brought it to me, and presented it to me. I said thank you, praised it, and set it on the nearest flat surface.

A few days later Cora came up to me with the same heart, "Mommy! Look, I made you something, it says, 'I love making crafts with you' " I thank her, hug her and our day moves on.

Maybe a week goes by and the scene repeats, only each time she hands it to me, she tells me what it says. Sometimes it says "thanks for baking brownies", another day it says "I love the science museum" you get the idea. This has continued on and on across days where I really needed a pick me up, and there was my cute Cora handing over the heart again, with the same sincerity, love, and unique message. I don't keep everything that she creates for me, but I think this one is earning it's place in my keepsake box.

5 comments:

Angela Draper said...

What a sweet girl!

Danielle said...

I love it!

Linda said...

"How do I love you Mom??
Let me count the ways..........."

That was very touching, love love that girl!

esther said...

That is very cute!

LisAway said...

I say keep her. (or if you decide not to, send her my way.)