Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Recently we have become addicted to my sister in law's pumpkin pancake recipe. Even though it has chocolate chips in it, the recipe is made up of whole wheat flour & pumpkin, so it doesn't send my blood sugar for a loop. The kids love it, and when Samuel sees me making the pancakes he can hardly stand the wait! He yells and shakes his fists at me until I fork over the first pancake off the griddle. Then there is only contented silence. My little guy has polished off as many as 3 pancakes in a single morning. Not bad for a 10 month old!

We eat them like cookies with a glass of milk. They are also tasty with a bit of whipped cream. I don't do syrup with these, but suit yourself! Thanks Ang for an awesome recipe!

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups Flour (I use hard white wheat flour)
3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground Ginger
¼ to ½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ cups Milk
1 cup Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 Egg
2 Tbs. Oil
2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Stir together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop about a 1/4 cup of batter (an ice cream scoop works great) onto a warm griddle (350 degrees). When edges begin to set and bubbles pop in middle, flip pancakes and cook other side until done. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes about 16 pancakes.

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

Ooo! I've been craving these! And you're very welcome :)

Cara Fish said...

Sounds good. I'm going to refrain, but SOUNDS SO good.

Sarah said...

Made these tonight for dinner. They were a huge hit with all of the kiddos. Thanks!