Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Sam!

Sweet little Sam is one! We had a quiet party with my cousin Mollie who also has a February birthday. When Cora was one I made a lemon cake with whipped cream on top, hesitant of the sugary concoctions. By contrast, our boy knows the word brownie, and was well versed in gooey concoctions when this one was laid before him!
Sam is still examining the virtues of walking, but continues to use his formidable "power crawl" when he wants to go somewhere. He loves his big sister soooooooooooo much and lights up whenever she is around. Samuel will blow kisses, sign "all done", "more" and "wind". He really wants to talk more than sign, so we will see what happens. Right now peekaboo is a favorite game, and he is clearly a boy with a sense of humor. Climbing is his favorite way to scare his mommy and I have found him in a variety of interesting places when I noticed things were suspiciously quiet. We are so thankful for our little sam sam.

4 comments:

Angela Draper said...

We love that boy! Happy birthday Sam!

esther said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

Emily said...

Happy birthday to the big boy! He really killed that cake!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Sam! I can't believe it has been a year already!!!