Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fun with corn & other adventures










This time of year I can never spend enough time out of doors. Especially in the company of my wonderful family.

When my brother lived in Maryland we used to go up and get a Fall visit to a pumpkin patch while with the cousins, but everyone is too far away this year. I searched around and decided to try out j. razz & tazz farm.It turnde out to be a good choice because it was really more like a fall festival playground. We rode the cow train, checked out the corn maze, climbed, snacked, and played in a silo of corn. I would say that the kids had a blast, but really, we all did. The only down side was that with so much dust, hay, and corn Brian about sneezed his poor head off. He was a bit miserable with the allergies, but like a good daddy he was a trooper. Poor daddy!

The silo with corn inside was the most interesting part for me. It was so fun to play in. Samuel didn't know what to think of it at first, but then we got to playing, he found his zen center and had a blast getting buried, having corn fights, and just letting it sift through his fingers. Cora loved it from the second she saw it and was jumping in, getting buried, and inventing games. Maybe instead of a sandbox we need a corn pit in the backyard. It is certainly easier to shake off than sand when you are all through! We got more than a half cup out of Sam's clothing when it was time to leave-- all those pockets, his onsie and a diaper really did their part to collect corn!










7 comments:

Danielle said...

So cool! We will have to try this place out! We went to Clodbuster's today. We had fun, but there was no corn silo! Sounds awesome!

Courtney said...

awwwww, cute pics, looks like you guys had a blast! This makes me miss fall in NC :(

Linda said...

What a great adventure, the corn looks especially inviting. Fall is truly amazing in NC.

Katie said...

So glad you had a good time! I wish we could have joined you! Maybe next year...

Janie said...

that corn is not for human consumption right?

Janine said...

feed corn. I am sure the deer will still enjoy it after the children are through! :)

Angela Draper said...

How fun! I don't think I've ever heard of a corn pit like that. Wish we could have been there to join in the fun :)