Tonight I have kicked off a project with Angelica Adorno, who has been living with us for almost a year. We have agreed to do the Young Women in Excellence program together over the next few months-- a brush up for me, and finishing unfinished business for her. I am grateful for the opportunity to brush out some spiritual cobwebs.
One of the requirements for the program is to journal, and as this is my only journal I currently aspire to, here I am in a renewed but somewhat different capacity. No doubt this will inspire more cute pictures of my kids, but tonight I have a topic to write on, so here I go!
I have recently felt overwhelming gratitude-- for my life, my children, husband, and the many things that have fallen into place. Recently it has seemed to me that so many are suffering with great trials. I guess the internet allow us to be in contact with many more triumphs and tragedies than we would otherwise be privy to.
Recently I read on Facebook about a friend of a friend whose preemie twins were fighting for their lives in the NICU. I have had several friends go through similar things, and so I visited the blog of this family, and followed the next week as their son clung to life through impossible circumstances. I was touched by the faith of his father in never giving up, and in the support, faith and prayers offered by many in this time of trial for their family. I prayed for this child and his family, and checked in with the blog, with a sense of hope and dread each day. On the 7th day their miracle arrived, and kidney function was restored to the tiny baby. It was truly amazing to just watch things happen. I guess we never know when miracles will be granted, and we don't know God's will or plan, but it was beautiful to watch this miracle occur.
http://www.drakeandkennedy.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Janine, I felt very similar things! I would pray and watch and check the blog. I can't imagine how that must have been for the parents. I can just look at my kids and feel blessings for things that I forget are such blessings.
A lady in my ward died of cancer last month leaving a nine year old girl with no parents. Near the very end she was in tremendous pain. A friend asked her, can't you get some pain medication? She responded that she had some, but it knocked her out and she replied, I just want to be alive a little longer. That one breaks my heart, but also makes me feel grateful, every time I think of it...
Sounds like a great project. I'm looking forward to reading more of your thoughts (and seeing more photos of cute kiddos, too).
Ditto to Erin's comment. And as always, loving your colorful language: Spiritual cobwebs...
i like you neener. thanks for that post.
Post a Comment