Reading Su's recent blog about 35 being middle age has made me contemplate how pregnancy has made me skip right to geriatrics. It began simply enough... somewhere in my second trimester I needed a body pillow to sleep comfortably. Then at month six I needed two body pillows, then I needed two body pillow and some sofa pillows. Then I started having trouble with my hands falling asleep and waking me up with painful swelling. I found out from my doctor that I have a case of gestational carpal tunnel syndrome. Go figure! So I began to contemplate the humor of my night time routine as I donned my mouthguard and eye cover (old stand-bys), Then strapped on my wrist supports, and arranged my mountain of pillows, careful to leave Brian his allotted 6 inches on his side of the bed. I felt pretty ridiculous as I gave my gimpy wave over the mountains of pillows to my sweet B on the other side of the wall, but I have to report the best night's sleep in two weeks, so I am content. I was reflecting on what sorts of do-dads another 30 years might bring... EEEEK!
In other news, we finally found the camera charger so I can post pictures of me, my belly, and Brian in his new office. Brian is working hard right now to prepare for a big conference he is going to in Montreal, Canada in the beginning of September. We are working on getting the house in order as I have the energy and Brian has the time (Translation: the house is a disaster!!!)Mainly, we just want to get it in order for Tom, Su and the Kiddos to visit at the end of the month. Yippee!
4 comments:
i love it. two body pillows. i can just imagine...well, at least you are already pregnant, or the pillows would be a great form of birth control!
I can just picture you with all of your pillows and such! How exciting that you have your house and Brian's office. You really are settling in. I hope it's not too long before we can come visit.
Heh heh, I'm still laughing. Those wrist braces are just icing on that cake! That puts a whole new meaning on "I'm too tired to get ready for bed"
Great to be able to imagine Brian in his office now, hurrah! I always love to have a visual on where people are in their day, Otherwise I just stick them in whatever last environment I saw (which put Brian at some crowded tiny desk where we visited in UT about 6 years ago..)
This was so fun to see you photos with the pillows. I'm glad they help for now and you are able to get a good nights sleep as in a few months they may not help, and once the baby comes they won't help except for Bryan when he covers his ears with them. Good luck.
Post a Comment