Friday, April 25, 2008

Point - Five

On Wednesday of this week Cora hit her six month mark. I had been visiting my brother Tom & family in DC, and so Cora and I were riding the train home. The conductor was very chatty with Cora when we boarded, and I told him it was her half- birthday. For the rest of the day any time he would walk by he would say "Hey, Point-Five!" or "What's up, Point-Five?" It was really cute, and Cora has perfected the flirtatious smile, so he loved greeting her. Thus, the nick-name of the week is Point-Five.

I also panicked when I realized Cora's infancy is half over. What happened? Suddenly I feel this strange sensation people have been warning me about-- the realization that I don't have a newborn anymore, and that this child is going to have teeth and begin walking in the not so distant future!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!


Suddenly I hope she will wake up extra
in the night, just so I can see her.
Um, no, actually, I am HAPPY to wait
until morning, but I am LESS disgruntled when she does wake me up because she really is such an angel, and it feels like time is flying by.

Our friend Katie was kind enough to take some family pictures last night. We had a great time getting the pictures taken, and then enjoyed some burgers and shakes at Colonel Kustard's. It was a beautiful evening, and we really appreciated Katie taking the time out from her busy days to help us get some wonderful pictures.

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a great family picture!! It seems that Janine gets more beautiful all the time, Cora get cuter, and Brian gets more ruggedly handsome......

Susan said...

That's the cutest little .5 year old out there! We miss her already! Thanks so much for coming down. Those pictures are so great!! (Kind of surprising how nice the family one is, not just "fun" but nice, too!)

Anne said...

It's amazing how fast time flies, huh? I agree with Su, she's such a cutie! And I have to say how jealous I am that you can travel to the Drapers on a whim! At least we get them this summer!

Ruth P said...

Janine, those are such great pictures of you. You look so beautiful. Cora must be letting you get some sleep! She needs to let our little Brett in on her sleeping secrets! ;) Man, I miss you guys!