Thursday, June 12, 2008

A glimpse of the glamour of temporary housing in Queretaro

For all you people out there who read blogs, you will recognize this posting as the: Show me how you are really living. Right now. Seriously. Right now.

So here it goes, today:

Here is Cora wrestling an empty box of Special K


Dishes from a late night cup o' hot chocolate...

Fridge stocked with almost nothing...


tiny bathroom...


Two of my three pairs of shoes I brought. My other pair is definitely feeling "Last pick syndrome. "
I am also counting this one as my self portait. :)

When you only have one room, it is your favorite.
Random picture. I am making Black Bean Soup tonight. I felt like my efforts at sorting beans was much more fruitful than doing so in the USA. Notice the not-so-small rocks, as well as healty looking twigs...
There have been bags where I have sorted two pounds of beans, and had almost nothing to show for it. My friends, I show you the spoils of sorting 1/2 a bag in Mexico....


Hope you enjoyed.

4 comments:

Janie said...

Have I mentioned how much I love you guys and how you are my favorite people in the world and have one of the best blogs in the world? Well, consider it mentioned.

Neener - you know where I live if you get sick of Mexican food:) You too Brian. And you too Cora.

Linda said...

Wow, that is quite the bean sorting experience. The occasional rock is usually hard to find. In your case, you just try to find the occasional bean.

Angela Draper said...

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I thought the tag would be a good way to see some more of your apartment there. I loved the self portrait and make sure to sort those beans well. I wouldn't want to bite down on one of those rocks!

Corrine said...

that is crazy,,,the bean sorting, now I know why you are suppose to sort beans...I never do! and have never found rocks or should I said boulders in my beans like that :) hope y'all are enjoying your summer!