There are two things that have made me nervous in the past few months: taking my baby to Mexico, and the possibility of her getting sick. Right when I could see the end of the tunnel, Cora got sick. She kicked in with a fever yesterday, and after spending a few hours trying to work with our travel insurance who could only find an office on the other side of Mexico City, we opted to take Cora to the walk-in clinic around the corner.
I still feel wary about the fact that we waited for an hour and a half, to pay $2.50 U.S. to have a doctor look at her. Luckily, many of the people waiting there did not seem unduly ill. Sparse medical supplies reminded me a bit of my mission, but since I think Cora really just needs antibiotics, then I guess it is OK. We had another rough night last night, with Cora waking constantly, and being a picture of misery. Today her fever is a bit higher, but after two phone calls to our pediatrician it sounds like we just need to hunker down, and give her some time to get better. "I hate to wait!"
I guess nothing makes you feel as helpless as watching your child suffer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about little Cora. I agree that it is so heart wrenching to watch your child suffer. I hope she gets better soon!
Poor baby, poor mama. Much as I hate waiting in our pediatrician's office with my kids, I'll have to remember that at least they're going to speak English when I get my child seen!
$2.50? Universal Healthcare would not be all that undoable at those prices!
Post a Comment