Sunday, January 18, 2009

One week, one taxi ride, lots of walking

Salamanca is definitely walkable, especially since we have no car. Unlike other places we have gone, everything is pretty easy to access walking, so we have only used public transportation once in the last eight days. Walking everywhere is good for us. I have lost 5 pounds since arriving. WOW!

The Plaza Mayor is only two blocks from our house so we pass through it daily. It is a favorite place for Cora to go and see her favorite things: dogs, babies, and birds. She gets so excited when we go outside and signs whenever she sees one of these things-- which is almost constantly. So fun!

There is a large park about 10 minutes away that we walk to often. Cora loves the riding animals and I get the feeling we will spend a lot of time there. There is also some exercise thingies there like they have at lots of parks. I tried to do some upper body exercises (dips, pull ups, push ups) and was EXTREMELY humbled at my inability to do any of the above, so I think we will be adding some exercises to our park visits. Seriously wimpy. I hope to see some progress on that one, but today I have muscles hurting from my attempts yesterday that I didn't know existed.

Salamanca is a gorgeous place!


Cora at "el parque de los Jesuitas" a favorite hangout.


Walking near "El Piso"


Cora hanging out in the Plaza Mayor


Me and Cora in the Plaza Mayor.
l

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want to come visit! It looks beautiful.

Alexa said...

What kind of baby carrier is that? It must be so nice (most of the time, at least) to be able to walk everywhere. Good luck on those exercise thingies, though!