I thought I would take a moment to record what my daily life consists of right now-- not heart stoppingly interesting, but I figure, hey, it is my blog!
I wake up at 8 am when my wristwatch goes off. If I am laying on my watch or don't hear it for some reason I wake up when Cora sounds the alarm somewhere around 8:30. Cora immediately wants to get dressed, so Brian and I change her diaper, help her pick out clothes and put on her shoes. Monday, Wednesday and Friday Brian and I exercise doing pushups, sit ups, squats & dips while Cora sits on us, pokes us and tries to get our attention.
Next we eat breakfast & shower. Saturdays we make dutch babies which Cora loves. We like them a lot too. Then we walk Brian to work. Usually Cora rides on shoulders since we are trying to get Brian to a place where he can being working for the day. Once we are at the Centro at Wake Forest, Brian goes in to work, and Cora asks for her cheese snack. So I get water for the adults, and Cora snacks on a babybel cheese wheel. We then read the animal book, play on the terrace, and run around the centro until Cora gets bored. We give Brian kisses and head outside. Next we stop into Carrefour, the local grocery store, and ride the escalator. We pick up an item or two for the day, and head back out to the street. I usually let Cora walk from here as we are in no particular hurry, and she loves window shopping.
As I mentioned in a previous post, it is just under a mile between work and home for Brian, so we meander in and out of shops, checking out colorful shoes, and the many glass elevators that are inside the department stores. Finally we make it home where we have lunch and then Cora naps and mommy gets an hour of computer time (Yeah for naps! Long live the nap!) When naptime is over we watch a bit of signing time, then head outside again. We walk to a park where Cora plays for an hour or so. The current favorite is the park that has a duck pond, and a police station where the officers are always coming and going on motorcycles. Cora is infatuated with motorcycles right now and loves it when they drive by her.
When it gets to be about 5pm we head back to the centro and pick Brian up from work. We head home for dinner, playtime, and then beddy bye time for the wee girl. Brian and I usually cap off the day by playing chess or "Race for the galaxy" and watching an episode of Sherlock Holmes on Youtube. Don't forget our mosto...mmm...
And that is how I spend 90% of my days! :) Soooooo exciting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It sounds absolutely lovely to me!
diaper dance? baby baby baby signing time? That movie?
those sound like GREAT days! i bet you are staying in fabulous shape with all that walking that you are doing. someday i hope to live in a place where i can walk everywhere i need to go!
It does sound like a nice routine, although I'm sure when the time comes you will be more than happy to return to your wonderful home. We've been missing you guys!
it's couscous. thats what I want you to make:)
we miss you too...and I am still very jealous of all that walking. Driving is so overrated...
It's awesome that Cora can walk so much, so far, so happily. You're such a good mom Janine! No wonder Cora's such a sweet happy girl :)
As for the schedule it reminds me an awful lot of my typical schedules when we do 3 months away from home with Tom somewhere. I really really enjoy the way the focus is on the family and the kids, not the different distractions we have at home. It's just so much more relaxing and enjoyable for us all.
sounds like an adventure! how fun! hopefully taking lots of pictures too!
Post a Comment