It seems that most of the last few weeks has been devoted to Doctor's visits, and phone consultations. Cora had a relapse on her bladder infection, and so we have finished our second round of antibiotics this week and are hoping that there is no recurrence because that would mean we would need to do some additional testing on her kidneys. On Wednesday I was playing hide and go seek with Cora and she took a corner too quickly and went careening into the platform our bed sits on. She hit her face just near her right eye hard enough to open up the skin and give a nasty blue lump. Even as the lump was still growing and I was patting the blood away she was saying, "I'm OK honey, I'm OK..." The kid is a real trooper, but the rest of the day was pretty tough-- I am sure she was hurting, and it came out as grumpy two year old behavior. Right now we are trying to keep her face from scarring up too much, and are annoying the wee girl with applying Mederma to her face multiple times each day. Maybe I will post a picture of her war wounds -- I haven't taken one yet, but I guess the bummer moments can also be documented. Hopefully that is the end of the excitement for a long time. Amidst all of this Cora had her two year well baby check up and continues to have a large head (80th percentile), tall figure (75th percentile) and svelt build (18th percentile on weight).
The wee boy continues to grow and kick like a champ. I only gained one pound this month, which I take as a sign that it is OK for me to enjoy all the holiday goodies that are about to come my way... Right now we are prepping for my family to come. I am very excited, and we are about to have 15 people in the house for a week. Glorious chaos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Cora! I hope her face is feeling better. And we can't wait to see you and add to the chaos!
I hope Cora's eye heals well. Have a great Thanks Giving.
Post a Comment