Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Suitors Come a-Calling

This morning Chad and Danielle Scribner stopped me in the halls between meetings to share one a conversation they had with their two boys on the way to church. Names have been changed because I cannot remember the name of Andrew's betrothed. Since I was not privy to the conversation, I reconstruct it here from what they related:

Andrew (4): Batman and Superman can't get married, can they?
Danielle: No, they cannot because they are both men.
Andrew: So how do you get married?
Danielle: Well, you find your favorite girl and get married.
Andrew: OK, I 'm going to marry Christine.
Ryan (3): I'm marrying Cora. She's my favorite girl.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my, that little boy wisdom knows who is charming and full of fun (darling also, no extra charge).

Danielle said...

Too funny! Your title got me worried. I was afraid the plural of suitors meant Ryan had competition. Your post reminds me of the telephone/grapevine game. You got the conversation pretty close though very abbreviated. :) At least the most important detail about Ryan's desire to marry Cora is there! I would love to have Janine as my son's MIL!

Brian said...

Danielle: I would be happy to post a more authentic, mommy-written version if you cared to write it up. Since I was not privy to the conversation, I had to rely on poetic license.

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

I've had lots of fun on your blog today, reading and imagining the happenings in your home since we now know the layout :) Thanks for sharing all of Cora's sweet-girl funniness! It's the most adorable stuff ever!

Angela Draper said...

Oh no! It's starting already. Watch out!