Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rocking out with crickets

Fall has come and cooler weather means no mosquitoes, which means we can resume taking our nightly walks through the neighborhood. On the way home tonight, Sam was riding on my shoulders using my head for a bongo when he suddenly stopped to ask about a noise he heard.

S: Daddy, what is that? 
B: Those are crickets. 
S: I want a green cricket. 
B: Most crickets are black. 
S: I want a black cricket. 
B: Why? 
S: I want to play drums on the cricket. 
B: What? 
S: I want to play drums on the cricket, Daddy. 
B: That would probably squish the cricket. 
S: That's OK, I want to play drums on them. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Never let semantics get in the way of rock & roll...!!

Katie said...

Is there a family band in the future? The Partridge Family reincarnated? I know you are a secret David Cassidy fan... :)

Susan said...

Aw, Sam playing Brian's bongo-head drum, asking for a green cricket. What's not to love, especially when you think of it in his too-cute-to-stand-it voice :)