Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Halloween

In Spain they don't do trick or treating. They don't even do halloween! Cora and I decided that we still wanted to have a fun halloween. We planned out a halloween party and got to work. While Cora worked ghosts I started thinking of something that would be fun to do. After about 5 minutes I figured out that I was going to make a pinata. I started to find out how to make paper mache. We had gone to domino's pizza the day before and had gotten some helium filled balloons. We had looked around for awhile trying to find a balloon. My mom had said that she was going to go take a shower. I found one of the popped (all of them had a hole in them.) helium balloon and taped over the hole. The next day me and my mom finished the first layer. We did 3 layers in total and waited for them to dry. he had to wait a while to do the finishing part because we were super busy. We grabbed orange pieces of paper and mand a cardboard stem. When we popped the balloon the pinata was pretty sturdy. We just barely put the orange layer on. My favorite part was dumping tons of candy into the pinata. The students organized places for me and Cora to trick or treat at. They put pumpkins on everyone's doors that we could trick or treat at. Cora and I decided that an easy costume would be magicians. We got hats, cloaks, and knitting needles. We Sanded off the tops of the wooden needle. The knitting needles were pretty long and thick so we turned them into wands.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang, I wish I got actually good Halloween candy! Kinders and all sorts of haribos!!!