Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks and babies

Last weekend we went to Morelia, a nearby state for the weekend. It was pretty, and much like Queretaro. Their big claim to fame is a huge Cathedral. On weekend nights they have a spectacular that involves lights and fireworks. We hung out in the plaza anxiously awaiting darkness and the show. When the fireworks began it only took Cora about 30 seconds to decide she wanted no part. She yelled a bit, and then took a death-grip on my shoulder. I covered one ear with my hand, and pushed the other against my neck as we walked swiftly through the crowd.


The funniest part about the whole incident was how the sea of people magically parted, and how nearly every person I passed had the same, knowing look. It said, "Yeah, I have run from a fireworks display with an unhappy baby too!"


2 comments:

Alexa said...

Oh, she looks so concerned! We had a similar experience with Rosalie and an amusement park ride that made a big booming sound. Happy birthday, too, Janine! That cake looks awesome! :)

Laura said...

WHen I was 8 months pregnant with Jamison, every time a firework would go off he would JUMP, or startle in my belly...it was quite a crazy thing for the entire show, as if he never got used to them.