If there were a kidney lottery to be won, we did it this week. First of all, on Tuesday we had a follow up ultrasound on little brother's kidneys to see if the mild swelling at 20 weeks had turned into anything worse. Luckily, everything looked good, and we were very relieved to check that one off the list.
We took the opportunity to show Cora, who was scheduled for an ultrasound on Friday what a good girl mommy could be while she got her ultrasound, and how it didn't hurt. I thought we had prepped her a little better mentally for the ultrasound, but Cora still panicked when we got to her appointment. Despite having to hold her down initially, by the end she was relaxed and watching the DVD we were playing on her portable screen. Glancing at the screen while distracting Cora, things looked improved, but I was really surprised when Dr. Hodges told us her kidney was in the range of normal now. If all looks well at he next appointment at the end of the year, then we won't even have to do follow up visits!
The rest of the day I just smiled every time I looked at her. It was such a blessing to get good news about both of our sweet children, and have the worry about surgery lifted from my mind. It seems like I have been praying about kidneys for 2 1/2 years now, and our prayers have been answered! Seriously grateful for our small miracles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What wonderful news. I have often thought about Cora and am so happy that things are looking good, and for the little one as well! Thanks for sharing with us.
I am so glad it is working out! I have been thinking about y'all since you mentioned it. I hope Cora looks good on her next visit!
I am SO glad to hear this!!! I can imagine your relief. I hope the kidneys stay well...
Glad to hear both kids are doing well!
Doing the happy dance at the Scribner house!
HOOOORAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay!
Yeah!!! We are so glad that both kids are healthy! Yeah!
great news!!!
That is SO wonderful! prayers really do work. Yipee!
Post a Comment