Monday, October 22, 2012

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Birthdays are coming up in the Price family. Cora turns five today. I am four days away from entering my late thirties (early 30s = 30-33, mid 30s = 34-46, late 30s = 37-39). And my ageless mother chalks up another year four days after that. I say ageless, however, because my mom has been 29 since time immemorial. This subject came up during tonight's phone call, and somehow the conversation turned from mom's amazing ability to evade the space-time continuum to a discussion of my lacking mathematical prowess. 


Mom [on the phone]: I am 29 and holding and have been for a long time. 


Brian [on the phone]: Yes, you have. I lost count of how many years you have been holding 29.


Janine [in the peanut gallery]: Well, math was never your strong suit.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I had to laugh... I remember calling out the answers to your math questions from the other room...

The only thing that bothers me about mom staying perpetually 29 is that I was born when she was 30... I am not even good enough at math to figure that one out. :)

Happy birthday in your time zone! (Here it is still 27 minutes away.)