Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Dublin Castle

We went to Dublin Castle (Built 815 b.c.) and had a self guided tour. I took so many pictures (and got a lot of dirty looks from people walking by for standing in doorways.) And, I'm still in the process of editing (aka deleting blurry pictures). I finally gave up and realized that the pictures were downloaded. Ireland was taken over by the English in 1169. The castle site was called Dubh Lin in Gaelic (pronounced Dublin) Which means "Black Water".


Did you know that King George the Second was so big that when his niece, Queen Victoria came she had to use the footrest to climb up. There is a fireplace in every room because they had no heating. It was so cool to be inside the castle, I took so many pictures. I really loved the castle and want to visit it again.                                                                                                                                                  

No comments: