Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The castle

When we went to trinity college we saw plenty of great things but the one I liked best was giant hall of books, It had over 200,000 books in it. They were from 5 in. to 2 ft.! A few of them weighed as much as I do (50 lbs.) After that we went over to a castle where the British royalty lived when they came to Ireland. They took over for 796 years! When we went to the throne room the throne was pretty large, my parents told me that it was to show off to other people but I thought he was fat, when the tour guide came he said King George the second was "quite a large man". The next queens was one of the shortest queens, she was only five feet tall. They had to bring a step stool for her to get into the throne. Since there was no heating, there was a fireplace in every single room. They would have five to servants go around the palace and light the fire, it would take about 30 minutes to finish. Before Dublin castle became a castle castle it was a viking fortress. They had lots of chandeliers. One of my favorite things to do was go right underneath a chandelier and take a picture, the one bellow looks like a snowflake. In some of the glass cases in the old library you could look in to the cases and read the books, they were kinda hard to read. At a restaurant There was a quote that I LOVED "The more you weigh the harder to kidnap you, stay safe, eat cake.".


1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow, Sam, I love this post! So many interesting things. I think it's funny that you were right about the throne being big because of the king being fat, heehee!
I hope I can see that library some day! What was it called?
Your chandelier shot is beautiful, sort of looks like a fractal, or a snowflake. You should totally keep doing that your whole trip. You could gey quite an interesting collage by the end!