Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Plaza Cervantes
Last night we arrived in the Madrid Airport. We are staying in a town called Alcala de Henarez which is the hometown of a famous writer, Miguel de Cervantes. Cervantes wrote at least 14 books but his most famous one was Don Quixote. It's about a man who goes crazy reading books and thinks that he is a medieval knight. We are staying in Cervantes' home town and the plaza our apartment overlooks is called Plaza Cervantes. A little bit about our apartment and the town. Our apartment has 4 bedrooms. A master bedroom, bunk beds, murphy beds (which pull out of the wall), and a day bed. A day bed is kind of like a couch but you pull the top layer off (and the cushions) and there is a bed underneath. I have the day bed and Sam has the bunk beds. I am super excited for what the rest of Spain will hold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cervantes! Don Quixote has been on my "to read" list since I was a teenager. Maybe that'll be my next book to read.
Your apt sounds great. I think Uncle Tom will finally decide to come visit once he hears there is a Murphy bed. He is obsessed with those! Picture of the daybed, please Lily got a daybed when we moved here, and Beth got a loft bed. I like a regular old king bed :) sleep well!
Post a Comment