Janine and I have felt that something was missing. It can only be described as a pregnant (or maybe a post-partum) pause when we coo our newborn baby girl's name. "You're so adorable, Cora..." We think there needs to be a little something more. Not to mention that her name is currently in 3/4 time. And while I love a good Viennese waltz as much as the next fellow, I think this girl needs a name she can two-step to. So, with that in mind, Janine and I are officially opening the "Give Cora a Middle Name Contest."
There are a few rules:
1. Any statement insinuating that you always thought she needed a middle name will be grounds for immediate disqualification from the contest.
2. All entries should be posted in the comments section of this posting.
3. Please understand that we cannot give Cora fifteen middle names. Only one will be chosen, so please don't be too put out if we do not choose your entry.
The contest will end when we 1) choose a middle name we like, or 2) decide that Cora doesn't need a middle name after all. In either case, we appreciate all your input.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
I must say, this is a new one for me... but let me see if I can come up with something... Mom would probably ask for Celeste... she loves the name Gabrielle Celeste and we took Gabrielle for Faith's middle name.
I will have the kids post their votes in the morning, but I would have to say that I favor Danielle - it flows nice and gives the little one a few options if she decided she needs them in the "what do I want to be called by my friends" game... options I am eternally grateful for...
Okay, so of course, since I am Cara Lyn, I think that Cora Lyn sounds normal to me. But, just Cora sounds good too...
I vote for Dora as the middle name. Cora Dora Price. It just has a nice ring to it.
Middle names are also great when they get older and are in trouble :) Here are my votes:
Belle
Joy
Rae
Happy name hunting!
I don't know Angela, but I second all her suggestions. I also like Cora Mae. And I love the name Autumn. Perfect for an October baby!
We think Cora Leigh would sound good.
I think Cora Jane sounds nice. Good luck choosing!
I think it's going to be Cora Turkey if she keeps messing her diaper the instant after I change her! Daddy B
I was also going to suggest Leigh, but with the spelling of "Lee" :)
I always liked to build connections to good things for the kids I named. So:
Family: Use Brian's mom's name or some derivation of it.
Science: Cora Borealis
Wealth: Do you have a rich spinster aunt?
Computing: Cora.Org
(turns out to be the website for the California Outdoor Rollerskating Association, so I guess this one is good for a sports connection too.)
Statistics: Cora Late
O.K., O.K., that's enough. Let go back an name her after Brian's mom.
Love, Dadt
Well... since Cora was born on my birthday, I think you should name her Cora Ruth... :)
How fun!
I was thinking the name Jane, also. We used Elise for our girl and I love that name too.
And the kids put in their votes...
Hannah says "Naomi"
Noah says "Baby"
Grace says "Layne"
Faith says "Emily"
... ok, so the twins really didn't have the verbal skills to put in their vote, so I added a couple more... but we couldn't leave them out!
Hope you are having fun trying out all your options... look forward to hearing your final choice! Oh, by the way, the kids want to know what they "win" if they get her middle name right... you better be planning on making a certificate or something if you pick an entry from someone under 12!
I didn't have a middle name until I married and made my maiden name my middle. It was nice, because I didn't have to give up anything and my name didn't become ridiculously long.
But if you want a middle name, how about a shortened version of Mom's name like Jean (spelled however you like...)
Cora is beautiful! (Like her mommy)
Cora Janine
Cora Elizabeth
Cora Lane
Cora Jeanne
Cora Bella
A few of my vote
Congrats! ~Laura Bell
Mallory says Lynn because it is her middle name, I say Brynne because Brenda is the female form of Brian, and we also like Belle because it means beauty and she is so beautiful. Cora was born on Kevin's birthday too but we don't suggest giving her the middle name of Kevyn:).
Elle is nice too.
Good luck. Love, the Dicksons
Cora Reef
Cora Angela Maria Gozalez Echevery
Cora Pew
I actually like Cora Lyn - like Cara Lyn - even though that is like admitting that she was your favorite Riverside missionary and not me.
If you sing Cora Borealis to the tune "Gary, Indiana" from "The Music Man", you may find that rather catchy.... :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She has come and your family has grown! Such happy news! We really are so excited for you all and know that you will be incredibly wonderful parents. What a lucky girl! What lucky parents!
We're excited to hear the verdict on Cora's middle name.
She is lovely!!
Cora is a beautiful girl! We have a few name suggestions for you:
Cora Jade
Cora Linnéa
Cora London
Cora Shannelle
Good luck with your middle name search! You have quite a few suggestions already!
Aenea
(I haven't pulled out the baby name book yet as I did with Eva.)
As you know we liked "Eva" but, it being short, we wanted a middle name too. Eva Lyn Ledezma sounded nice but looked truncated somehow. We ended up LOVING "Evalyn" -all together- (and then added 'Marie' for good measure- it was the only one that seemed to flow right.)
Soooooo, I suggest: Coralyn. Whether you consider a middle name after that or not is another story.
(though I was leaning towards Cora Leigh- or Cora Lyn- before I stumbled upon 'Coralyn' that is.)
The best part is she's Evalyn, but we also call her Eva, too.
Ie: Coralyn can still be called Cora.
That's it from me....for now. Now where DID I put that name book. What else flows? Hmmm. (I'll probably end up coming to the same conclusion as I did after many pages and hours searching for Eva's name 'flow'. The first few ideas were usually not far from the actual final comfortable outcome.)
Good Luck- We love you! Keli & Fam
um add more cora pics
I third the names Leigh and Lee...it flows very nicely. We like to call Elena with her middle name, Elena Jo. It's cute. Jon Aaron says that he votes for Cora Dora...he likes Rob's entry. He says that she will be the hit of her kindergarten class. Good Luck!
My favorite:
Cora Gated Price
Most fitting:
Cora Gible Price (Since corrigible means capable of being corrected)
Fun to say:
Cora Kournikova Price
Honorable mentions:
Cora Door
Cora Spondent
Cora ptable
Cora Geous
Cora Peration
Coral Cool (Family Kompany)
Cora codile (say quickly)
Cora tid
Cora Curriculum
Cora Dump Or Cora Wars(For the tekkies)
Don't worry. When she gets married she can easily dispose of that middle name!
And the winner is Cora the Explorer. I heard they made a tv show after her
Lily and Tyra's suggestions:
Jane, Elenor, Rose, Grace, Briar, Madeline, May, Elenay, Ruby, Mary, Frostine, Jade, Cara, Lenay, Crystal, Lissa, Maddie, Cristine, Cristina
I think it's time for a poll so everyone can vote--I like Cora Belle myself.
Also, a friend of mine was not given a middle name so her older siblings nicknamed her Amelia Bedelia (her name is Amy). Then at age 13 her mother let her fill out her social security card herself and she gave herself the middle initial "B." She's 34 now and that B has followed her around for the rest of her life and she has to tell everyone it stands for Bedelia. I can't imagine Cora Dora would be much worse than that!
Post a Comment