Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Are we there yet?



So I am starting to feel like there is not too much else to say on the theme of pregnancy, just waiting for this parenting thing to get started. My new favorite game is to try and guess where the baby's bum is at on my belly. It really does some shape-shifting at times, and I like to get Brian to guess how she is lying. Clumsiness is at a new level. I drop things all the time, and managed to give one of my fingers the guillotine in one of our windows. Add bandaids to my list of props. Brian doesn't let me use the big knives anymore, which is probably wise. I joke that I am the sous chef that just lines things up for him to do.

Fall has finally arrived in Winston, and our evenings are often spent in our "prince and princess" chairs on the back porch. I can enjoy the outdoors so much more when I know I am not being ravaged by mosquitoes. Also, since our backyard, and the neighbors is composed principally of trees and natural growth, it feels like you are in the mountains. The sounds of crickets, birds and whatever nature feels like saying just fills the air. So right now we grab a couple blankets, kick back with a snack or Brian's guitar and relax in the evening. I would take an evening picture, but then it would just be black. :)

Also, I started a new level of bargain shopping this week. Some ladies in the ward use a program called the grocerygame.com that basically IDs all your deals and coupons, and helps streamline the process of coupon cutting and usage. I am giving it a try, and made my first attempt to shop using my list. Somehow the combo of a bad night of sleep and concentrating really hard on my coupons and list I ended up walking around like a zombie, trying to figure out what I really wanted. A lady from church was shopping at the same time I was, and twice she was right beside me saying hi before I realized she was even there. The first time I don't think I was too idiotic, but the second time I said something really stupid trying to excuse my lack of general awareness of my surroundings. I am sure I just made things worse. Oh well. Driving home from the store part of me wanted to call her and say "I'm not that big of a dork, I promise!" but maybe that too would just be another fanciful lie...

Also included in the photos is Brian and I at the WFU football game we got free tickets to. We were on the sunny side of the stadium and prego body had all she could take by halftime. We were losing to Tommy's Terapins (Go Maryland) something hideous like 3-24 at the time, so we packed it up and headed home. Later when Brian checked the final score we found out that Wake had come back to win in overtime for a thrilling finish. Argh! All we did was sweat and make bets about how long it would be before the next bit of cloud would give us a brief reprieve from the heat.

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

Ahh...unfortunately those mindless moments don't go away once the baby comes. Somehow nursing has the same effect. At least that was my excuse :) We can't wait for that little girl to come!

Robert said...

Looks like Brian is taking fashion cues from Hollywood celebs with those HUGE glasses! :)

The only one who writes anything said...

Hi Brian and Janine! Kara just sent me the link to your blog... and I had to tell you that I totally empathize with the whole pillow/arm brace / pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I HATED going to pee twenty times a night taking those stupid braces on and off... I still sleep with 4 pillows though, I couldn't give them up :) I hope ya'll are well! If you check out our blog, you can catch up on us... Cheers! Carolyn (Bond) Swan