Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And now, introducing Cora!


She's finally here! And Cora is her name. No middle name; just Cora.

The stats:

9 lbs. 2 oz.
22.5 inches long
Blond hair
Blue eyes
Totally beautiful




So far she has slept well, eaten well, and soiled well, which is about all you can ask from a baby. She seems determined to assuage any fears about her kidney by wetting every diaper and blanket she can. I think she'd showing off what that right kidney can really do.

Janine is Superwoman. She woke me up at 3:15 am to tell me her water broke. Four hours later I'm holding a bundle cuteness. Janine is, without a doubt, the toughest woman I know.

Here are some pictures. More will come. Janine made me promise not to put any picture of her that are "gross." I have diligently attempted to honor that commandment and thus avoid angering the toughest woman I know.

Thanks for all your support, calls, prayers, and love!

And now, introducing Cora!



19 comments:

Ruth P said...

Yay Cora! You were waiting to come on my birthday, weren't you!? We are kindred spirits, I can tell!

Congratulations Janine and Brian! This is the best news!

Angela Draper said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely adorable! We are so very excited for you!

Heather Anna said...

wow, that's amazingly fast for a first, big baby! I can't believe you named her Cora, that's one of the names at the top of our list of considerations right now. So, obviously we like it.

Congratulations!

twd said...

What a beautiful child. What beautiful parents. What a neat Grandpa -- Oh wait. . .

Love, Gandpa Tom

Mor-Far

Anonymous said...

Your little Cora is almost the same size as my Miriam! And she is two months! She's a cute one. Congrats! RF

merathon said...

congratulations! welcome to the wonderful world of parenting! when i saw you had a new post today, i was really hoping it was FINALLY the big one this time. . . as i'm sure you were as well!
--Meredith

The only one who writes anything said...

Congratulations! I knew Janine would bust that baby out this week! That is sooooo fast for a first baby. She is beautiful! Pee, baby, pee!

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

I thought about calling today and asking if the baby had been born but then reconsidered...since I especially value our friendship, but as it turns out it may have been the Spirit telling me to call! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! YOU GO JANINE! 4 HOURS? Brian is right, only superhuman women can have that kind of birth! Watch out for #2, they are supposed to come even faster! Love you guys!

Susan said...

What a sweetie! She's beautiful. I can't wait to hold her! You guys are awesome, she's one lucky little spirit to have you for parents, I so look forward to getting to know her and watching the adventures of the Price Family :) So glad things are off to a good start!

Unknown said...

Felicitaciónes! Great news! Big props to both of the tough women in the Price household... and Brian, too.

Tomicah, Sarah and Eli

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I saw a link to your blog on Becca's blog and arrived just in time to see that you were way overdue...so of course, I have been addicted to checking to see if your baby has come. She is soooo adorable!! What an exciting day! And wow, you had the baby in 4 hours?! Impressive :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Janine! I am way impressed at how quickly she arrived. We're happy to hear that her kidney is working so well. She is really a beautiful child. Love, BECCA & CARLO & HENRY

Shauna said...

HOORAY!!! Cora is absolutely beautiful- congratulations! Janine, you're a champ! Four hours is AMAZING.

Way to go, I can't wait to see more pictures!

Patricia Hodge said...

Congrats on your new arrival. She is beautiful.

I am so excited to see that you have a blog so I can keep in touch.

Janie said...

This is fantastic news! She is beautiful, and Neener you look great - Brian, you look good too. Just so you know, Mother Pew is a bit concerned about the liberals getting another vote. Choose the right Cora!

Erin said...

Congratulations! Very good news! And almost as good news is finding your blog:)

Unknown said...

Way to go, Price family! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy and daddy. She's a darling, lucky girl!
Love, Liz

Cara Fish said...

I have emailed this, but, truly, she is gorgeous! And, of course, I love her name...if you squint, it looks like Cara. :)

Danielle said...

She is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her! We are bringing dinner on Sunday. (Or at least I am, I am not going to bring my kids. They aren't germy today, but you never know). Anything you've noticed she doesn't like you eating?