Friday, October 5, 2007

We dub her "The Chunker"



Well, we had another level 2 ultrasound this morning to check up on baby. Doctors continue to be optimistic and she has plenty of amniotic fluid, suggesting that the right kidney is doing its job OK. The interesting part was the estimated weight of our little girl. Three weeks ago they estimated her to weigh 6 lbs. 12 oz. today she measured in at a hefty 9 lb. 3 oz.! I was surprised to hear such a big number, especially since I am 38 weeks now, and can be going for up to another 4 weeks here! The doctors didn't seem to concerned about our little chubber, so I guess we will just have some extra rolls to pinch when she gets here. All I can say is be nice to mommy on your way out! :)

Also, one of the perks of the new-fangled ultrasound is that they have a photo-rendering function, which is how we got the cool pictures attached. It gives a pretty good image of baby. We can't wait to see her for real!

6 comments:

merathon said...

i'll be interested to see what she weighs when she's born. from my experience (and from other friends who have had children), those weight estimates are generally 1-2 lbs OVER what the weight really is. so no worries-- i doubt you'll have a 10-11 pounder when she comes out! good luck! so exciting for you guys!

Angela Draper said...

Wow those pictures are cool! We are so glad that you got good news from the ultrasound. And I have to side with your friend. Most estimates I've heard from friends have been off. We can't wait until she comes!

twd said...

"I have a whale of tale to tell my friends. A whale of a tale, it's true"

--Walt Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Good luck, best wishes, smiles, prayers, and love,
Dad

Cara Fish said...

Let's hope what everyone is saying is true - that the estimates are off...'cause that is a big beh-beh.

Susan said...

Can't WAIT to find out! And, no, those great pictures don't REALLY help me picture her yet!

Janie said...

Sleep now or forever hold your peace.