Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Shower Fiasco

In order for this to make sense I should probably explain about the shower in the kids bathroom. Unlike most showers where you just turn it on and it sends water down on you, this shower is connected to a metal cord that you have to pick up and hold. I need both hands to open the shampoo bottle. So I turn of the shower, open the bottle up, rub shampoo in, pick up the shower head and turn the shower back on. I'm trying with one hand to rinse the shampoo out when the shower head slips and hits the ceiling, I don't think much of it until I turn the water of and get out. A dry, white flake of something lands on my shoulder. As soon as I touch it it turns liquid. I assume it's just dried shampoo fallen out of my hair and think nothing of it. I dry off, put my clothes on and am squeezing the water out of my hair when I hear a sound like this: Plop, plip, plip, plunk, plop. I turn around and see flakes of paint falling from the ceiling! No one else is awake so I wait and my mom finally wakes up. "Uh, hey mom, so I was showering and the head slipped and hit the ceiling and now there's paint falling from it. I'm really sorry." We decided to wait for it to dry before doing anything about...It's dry and we still haven't done anything about it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh my! I've never ever heard of this problem in a shower before!! I cnan just picture it!!
Also, I think we should get this kind of ahower in our kids bathroom. Maybe then Beth wouldn't put the hour into shower!